The courts may also approve and adopt orders of approval to reflect at any time, during the course of the judicial proceedings, an agreement reached between the parties. If a separating couple cannot agree on how to educate the children after their separation, they can go to the family court to rule on certain issues concerning the children. The Australian Family Court is adopted after hearing the complaints of both parents “Parenting Orders”. However, these will only take place after the parties have participated in a conference on the settlement of family disputes, at which a mediator will try to bring the parties to an agreement. An “educational order” is distinct from a “consent decree”, which is a written agreement between the parents, which is submitted to the court and becomes legally binding.